View Single Post
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Irrelevent aside first: When I lived in Moscow, I tried to use my Paypal account. As a result, my account was permanently frozen. I have never since then been able to use that email again, though it is my main address. the Paypal people are well, I was about to say idiots, but let's just say they are associated with eBay.

On the subject of donations, I don't see a big difference between donating time and donating money. Either donation is a good thing. People like me WANT to donate sometimes. It's not a matter of being rich; I'm far from rich. But it makes me feel good when I help a good cause, and I don't necessarily want to commit myself to giving time.

I think people are reluctant to ask for money; that's a common problem, and it is just wrong. Taking money is a way of building support for youur cause, whatever it is. And it's necessary.

And I think that the downloads area is a good place for the button; it should be very low key, especially if it's going to be in people's faces everytime they download; sometimes people are downloading ten or twenty programs; you don't want to hit them in the head twenty times in a row. They don't have to donate, they are just invited to donate if they want to.

Last edited by geneven; 2009-10-22 at 09:28.