View Single Post
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Switzerland
I would vote for a continous auto-focus as well of the camera.

It might be tricky to apply and should have some room to not autofocus, like if you take a video of a corner and then it immediatly tries to focus to what is behind it as you accidently go a little over it. Maybe some custom parameters would be helpful for this mode, in the form of "if focus changed after §X amount of time, refocus" or another important one "if focus must be changed by $X amount, do so, else no refocus". That would imho give a nice way of implementing an auto-focus feature which gives us as the users some extra-room to apply out own way of recording it then Of course sharing results on what is best for which scene would then go into an extra thread

I am just curious on how it should refocus. It will definitly be viewable it tried to refocus (I assume it would do so by the default focusing which happens on every half-press of the camera button) and that doesn't look pretty. Maybe using some maths to find out which way to focus by comparing which of the following steps yields a better picture?

Anyways, I would vote for this feature.
Sadly my skills with computers are limited to just minor tweaking and combining packages to do something within their functionality rather than code myself anything :/

Cheers,

mikki-kun

In the end, there will be only chaos! - Kratos, God of War 3

The Following User Says Thank You to mikki-kun For This Useful Post: