View Single Post
Well, I too now have this problem... lol

I deleted all the SMS and MMS I was willing to delete (quite a lot, it took 90 minutes going through them all!) and continued to get the yellow banner come up.

i turned it off and on again but it continued to come up every 2 to 3 minutes.

The device then turned itself off and I switched it on again.

Since then I've not had the yellow banner but I apparently have no Applications installed, no Catalogues installed, and I get "Operation Failed" if I try to edit or create in my Calendar. I can't open a catalogue to download anything (like roothsh?) and I seem to be unable to use shift-Sym to get my square brackets for quotes in this message box.

I opened up X Terminal (my first time, eek! lol) and tried "df -h". This returned:
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
with no figures or anything, just that top line.

I tried "df -h /" and it returned:
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
df: /: can't find mount point
I tried "df" and it returned:
Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on

UPDATE:
It is the morning after. It hasn't fixed itself overnight, dammit... lol

However, I _think_ I managed to Disable the two catalogues with the 'unsafe' applications in while my App Manager worked for the first 5 minutes this morning... it did say Operation Failed but the Catalogues were 'greyed out' afterward so hopefully it worked...

I noted that there were warning messages in red for each of the two catalogues - I will attempt to copy them here later.

The phone is still completely unstable though. Now I still can't send messages but I can telephone people, who then tell me they received my messages and have replied. I can't access Photos and my desktop has no visible icons, but when you tap the background then tap the 'cog' icon that comes up in the top right, the 'XM and 'spanner' buttons for (some of) the invisible icons are there.

I did at least discover while Catalogues was briefly working that I do have rootsh installed . I will now attempt to use that to remove things I don't want.

I will update further!

Last edited by MaemoNoob; 2011-09-06 at 06:49.