View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
By the way, all of this BT pens stuff wouldn't be needed, if Jolla wouldn't decide to do their tablet a device so similar to iPad (which makes the term Jpad not as unjustified as some are trying to insist), and opt on using resistive screen instead, which is both precise and can measure pressure sensitivity natively with *any* stylus, including the ones custom made for drawing (like CreativeTone uses in famous thread). Of course, N900 can do it for AGES.
Now correct me if I am wrong here, but I think there are several different kinds of resistive-feedback-type touch screens.

I have been told that the type used in N900 is one of the good ones, that it is precise, does not need much force and is good to look at (clear, not easily scratched, good transparency)

I only have experience on the other kind of touchscreens, like one I had in my 5230; it was very imprecise, you had to press very hard for it to register, it was opaque like muddy water and scratched easily to boot

Now, today as every manufacturer uses only capacitive screens, do you think that the better-quality-resistive screens are even available any longer? And even if they are, I'd hazard a guess you cannot get them in the size/shape that'd fit the Jolla tablet
Bear in mind that Jolla cannot go very far with customizing the device, not at that price point; they really have to select from components already available on the manufacturer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: