View Single Post
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Munich, Germany
Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
is the 00:18:E4... the correct address for the OBD interface?
Yes, that is also the adress found if I run a new "Bluetooth scan". I have this device in my "Bluetooth devices" list of the BT applet, and marked it as a "Trusted device", too.

You've set the OBD bt address, checked OBD on, Harley is unchecked?
On the "Bluetooth Scan and Set" page, the OBD BT Addr is set up correctly, but on my "Advanced GPS setup" page, there is no "Harley" box. I still have checkboxes called "OBD" (checked), "On" (checked) and "V1" (*un*checked). OBD listens on /dev/rfcomm1.

Then again, reading mgsetuplib.py, I just noticed that there is a checkbox called "HD". Is this the "Harley" you were talking about? If so, maybe you should put a space between the "HD" and the "Device" labels, it looks like just one word now. I'll try to get a screenshot later tonight.

Is there any way you can use a terminal to type commands?

(ATZ, ATSP0, ATE1, ATH0, 00 each as a separate command)?
Will starting miniobd2 from the xterm and type those commands work? If not, then I'll have to search for a terminal program that can connect to a bluetooth device connection... I assume that are the commands that are sent in the startup() function of minigobd2d.c ?

I have a real elm327 but there are clones that don't always play by the same rules.

miniobd2d will just "sit there" even if everything is working since the other programs will interpret the data from files or connections.
To be honest, I was looking for error messages while running miniobd2d from the command line.

Are you running carman at the same time? That won't work.
No, no carman running. You mentioned earlier that miniobd2 and carman can't share the BT connection, so I don't even try

Regards,
Hakan