View Single Post
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Well, the bench marks for the SIII are quite impressive but not enough, at least at this point, for me to be interested in trading in my Note for one. For most applications I use, the Note is plenty fast enough. For example, when I scroll through pages on the web I'd have to take a speed reading course to keep up with it. So a faster rendering of pages doesn't buy me much here. I'm sure there are exceptions and situations, like multitasking, that the extra speed would be appreciated. But I would have preferred more ram and better multitasking due to smarter OS. It would be interesting to see how well, say, ubuntu performs on it when loaded. When I first got the Note I didn't use the stylus much but now I find myself pulling it out more often. Also, I really love the size of the screen on the Note. It is actually ironic how nicely the maemo.org webpages fit on that size screen. It makes it a much more pleasurable experience reading than any mobile device I've ever used. Hopefully ICS and premium suite shows up soon on Note so there is a lot to look forward to!

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post: