View Single Post
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
No problem, you shall be enlightened.
I call your bluff. This is a geek forum, many people know how this works. I, for one, can recite HTTP by heart and have, repeatedly, used a telnet client to debug a server. I also routinely dump network traffic at OS level, if Firefox would send odd stuff I'd know by now.
And yet I see your geeks falling to level of local users (losers), whom I so dearly love.
I don't speak HTTP, I have never done, If I ever spoke any working language, that was x86 assembler.
Using telnet to do much more than just HTTP debug is old stuff, I use it for IMAP/SMTP trouble solving almost daily.

I realize quite well what is going on. Nothing sent to a HTTP address is a breach of privacy, any more than any other connection. Should you allow your browser/flash/java to send stuff about you that's another story.
Agreed, but still just by opening web-browser you give away your IP, which can be used to dig out more about you, right ?
Heck, I do that thing daily as work.

What? I call your bluff again. Please open a darned book, digital or otherwise. WAP is a networking protocol over wireless and smells like any other network protocol. Several sub-protocols under the Wireless Application Protocol implement simplified access, so older, smaller devices can implement a subset of the full internet connection.
No, I won't open any damn book anymore, school ended long ago. I told WAP is old school thing, but it is still widely used for mobile services at least here, and because that protocol is what it is, you atleast could setup your serving server to have all phone information, including your number on logs, before download started.

I don't even know where to start. Which WAP service do you think breaches your privacy? I ... is it the simplified HTTP? It's a specialized HTML page, served over TCP/IP. Gateways?
See above ....

That makes no sense. I choose who to disclose that info to, and WHAT info since many people have a business phone number to share with companies. Except, of course, when Nokia sends out SMSs while hidden.
You must be lucky, I haven't got any so far ....

Stop that. By making a call I disclose my phone number at most, nothing if it's hidden by network. By receiving a call I disclose nothing.
And when you type number one digit wrong and someone answers ?
Do you call after and ask that person to delete all information about previous call ?
What about call you answered was dialed wrong ?

Finally, calls are made by me, on my own terms, to people I choose, when and if I choose. It's communication, not assault.

See above, typing errors do happen in real world ....

I'll guess "hypocrites"? No matter, I say unto you what I have already said. Pick up a book and look stuff up. Hypocrites aren't what you think they are.

In order for me to become a hypocrite in this context I'd have to steal information from other people's phones. Or to condemn Nokia because it's trendy to do so, but support Android doing the same or secretly support Nokia by helping them.

What I am is selective about who I share personal data. Since it's, you know, personal.
Whom I do trust more to keep my information safe; Nokia or Public Sector ? Nokia.
Just by looking News headlines past year, how many million peoples information was *just* left somewehe by public sector employees.
Companies doesn't leave customer information leying to anywhere and they tend to protect those by what ever means they need against thievery.

I am nerd, and I still don't see the reason for all this gossip, but the fact, that nerds once again didn't read all the docks and afterwards realized, something happened.

This is called life, it happens. Life is a ***** and then you marry one.