View Single Post
I've had my N800 for about a month now, and I love it, but there's one thing missing that would make it the perfect device for me, and that's Street Fighter. I almost ran to the shops waiving my credit card after I played Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX on my mate's PSP, but came to my senses partly when I realised it was a lot of money for one game I'd played 1000's of time before, but mainly when I realised how uncomfortable it was to pull off dragon punches with for extended periods of time.

I had a similar experience when I read about the GP2X, especially as they've now got CPS2 MAME running on it, but I was put off by the low-res non-touch screen and lack of wireless connectivity.

So what I'd really like is four buttons to the right hand side of the screen, a right hand shoulder button, a decent D-Pad, and enough processor power and RAMs to run CPS2 MAME; that would be perfect!

Apart from that, something like the GoForce 6100 or the Imageon 2380 might be good, especally if it could facilitate watching SD XviD files without transcoding. It would also be good for interface stuff and gaming, but would probably introduce all sorts of binary driver issues that I don't really understand, plus Street Fighter is the only game I'd really need anyway. IR and universal remote software is about the only other thing I can think of.

If anyone wants to develop a 640 x 480 version of one of the later versions of Street Figher (one with Akuma in ideally), with 6 on screen buttons down the right hand side of the screen that runs on the N800 in the mean time, I would be eternally grateful. (I can't get the GameBoy emu running, but it's version of Street Fighter is rubbish anyway with only 2 buttons, and I'm not aware of any other potential ways of playing it on the N800)

STREET FIGHTER!!!

That is all.