View Single Post
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by ewan View Post
The traditional approach to this sort of thing in Linux distributions is to release the stuff/code in whatever form you feel most comfortable (though tarballs would be good), and let someone else worry about the packaging.

It would help to have some clarity on the licensing of the new levels; anything that's a modified version of an original level is probably not going to be distributable, but anything that's original probably would be. It would make the position of potential packagers easier if you could slap a suitable licence statement on them, preferably using a well-know Free software licence. That way any packages could just pick up the licence from the level files themselves.
Mikka , care to comment, i know your happy with us creating them, what about packaging them up.
Totaly your call. I know your hopping to integrate custom levels, so dont want to step on toes.

Just stop me if im doign somthing your not happy with. but hopfully ive understood you rigth and youve been happy with my Fake pack2. Is packaging up more than that ok, or just leave it at tar file in this thread.