View Single Post
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
Ade, thanks a lot for making the GUI. After trying it out I will echo the sentiment expressed above that fceu beats iNES hands down where it counts.
Glad you like it

I have three questions for you:

1. Is it possible to switch savestate slots, on the fly or otherwise? Or are we limited to one?
I really have no idea. It creates separate files per game afaik, so that would suggest one savestate. But we could investigate further.
edit: looks like it only supports one saveslot

2. Is there a way to disable cheats for a game other than to go into the /cheats folder and renaming the cheat files so as not to have the same name as the game rom? If not, this would be a feature request for the GUI from my side.
I will try to come up with someting smart, who knows
edit: the new version will have the option to switch on/off fceu cheating. It simply renames the cheat folder for the time the cheat option is switch off

3. You said there might be an option of alternative controllers, but that you haven't implemented it. Does this mean it's not possible to use SIXAXIS controllers with fceu? Also, with the hardcoded buttons, I'm assuming you at least could never assign those to the controller anyway (like save/load)?
I was refrerring more to arkanoid controlllers etc, meaning alternative emulated controllers for the NES itself.
As long as you map Sixaxis controls to keys, it should work like in any other emulator.
I suspect that reserved keys cannot be overwritten, but I have not tested that.

Last edited by ade; 2012-04-03 at 19:11.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post: