View Single Post
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Hi there,

EXACTLY the same thing happened to me yesterday.

I THOUGHT it was the security policy that had something to do with it, but calling Nokia Care Support revealed that they know about the problem - and apparently it's nothing to do with MfE.

This is what happened to me:

My company instructed me to use a new MfE server yesterday. I entered it into the phone, it syncronized and everything worked fine. Sometime during the evening I wanted to use the phone - and it says "Indtast Låsekode" in DK ("Enter Security Code" in UK).

I never asked it to use any code - I never set a code, and naturally I don't have the code. I tried my normal pin code, I tried re-booting it (which is about the only thing you CAN do - the device is totally locked!). When rebooting it asks for the PIN and right after that for the security code again - but as I don't have it, I cant get any further. PIN code doesen't work. Default Nokia code 12345 doesn't work.

I've asked the technicians in my company, and this is not a security-feature that they know of. They ask me if I can type in my MfE password, but on the lock-screen it's only possible to type in numeric values.

I also suspected this could have something to do with the Track & Protect function that I activated a couple of months ago. That code doesn't work either.

So - basically we're in a situation where YOUR devices can suddenly lock itself without asking you and without you giving it the code to unlock it.

As I said I called Nokia - and Nokia has accepted the problem - it is known, and they say they've reported it on their internal hotline - but your solution is to take it to the repair, and they will wipe it clean.

THIS SUCKS!!!! BIG TIME!!!!! When will it happen again??

Btw - found no help in this thread: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...e/td-p/1190499 although it seems to be the same problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MortenS For This Useful Post: