View Single Post
Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
Going forward, if you need a someone to test your Stockona, I would be happy to help out.

Some suggestions after using Stockona:
  1. A better icon for the desktop.
  2. I can see my quotes but they are showing in dollars ($) and not pounds (£). Is there a way it can recognize my location from my google log in and then show the correct currency?
  3. Last Prices are currently being showed incorrectly. e.g. $4.30 should be £0.43 (pence).
  4. The ability to maximise the screen would be great.
  5. On the page that shows graphs, there is dead space in the top middle of the screen. If you moved some detail (from the top right hand corner) into this space, you could move everything up a bit, giving more detail to the map. At present it feels like I can only use half the screen.
  6. The back arrow could appear in the dead space at the top middle of the screen.

The above is just for Horizontal Mode... sorry, I should have clarified that more. I've just tested Portrait Mode and WOW! - Very very nice!

But great app. I like it a lot. Are you making improvements?
First of all, thanks for your feedback. My response as follow:
1. Icon: I will try creating one with the next release....
2. Dollar sign: I will need to study this, I haven't thought about it really. I know MaemMoney has region setting but I thought it just changed the language... I will take a second look. Also, it will be helpful if you can provide me an example of the stock symbol you have problem with.
3. Last price: Oops... I'll check that.
4. Full screen: Hopefully I get it done in the next release
5. Horizontal layout: Yes, I didn't care too much about horizontal mode in development. The price box takes too much area... I will make it smaller and maybe experiment with an optimized horizontal layout to better utilize the screen space.

Improvements... I have got the features that I originally thought out to do, so feature-wise I don't really know (let me know yours...). For non-feature improvement, I plan to work on UX, code optimization (get rid of some dirty patches), and error handling. Especially the latter one so the user knows an error occurred instead of staring at a blank screen not knowing wondering wtf went wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post: