View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I have been seeing a lot of activity on github for this project lately, this is great.
However, I noticed no new packages for Maemo in a while. I assumed maybe you where working on getting the QT5 version upto the same standard as GTK. I recall you mentioning this a while back.
Yeah, that's true - it really is high time to finally correct the feature parity (most recently in regards to exposing the local POI databse in the Qt 5 GUI).

Reading the thread back you are no longer setup for local building of the package so haven't pushed packages to the autobuilder.
Yeah, I'm not really setup for making Maemo compatible packages locally, but should still be able to make source packages the autobuilder should be able to accept. As for development/debugging, my N900 thankfully still works, so I can use it for testing if modRana still works on the N900 (just have to actually get to that though).

Is there anyway the community can help get these releases to Maemo?
As before the best way is to help with testing on the N900, so I can concentrate more on development & finally releasing a proper new package for the N900.

As there has been quite a lot of changes since the latest release in Jully, I'd recommend just using the lates code from the master branch:

https://github.com/M4rtinK/modrana/archive/master.zip

As before, just unpack it on your N900 and run modrana.py from the unpacked folder in terminal. And report anything that seem broken on the N900.

I propose that if there are no major issues with 0.53.1 over 0.43.4, I don't recall any, that the current version is promoted to Extras (promotion is unlocked). That way going forward you could release to Extras-Devel with minimal testing.
Yep, that sounds like a good plan - but - looks like things are broken, as I've apparently already unlocked the promotion back in 2016:

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...odrana/0.53.1/

Notice the "log" on the bottom of the page:

Code:
Package promoted	Martin Kolman	2016-08-06 20:46 UTC
So looks like things are apparently broken on the infra side and the package did not go to Extras even after it has been promoted (for more than a year). Any idea who should we ask from the infra to take a look at this ?

That repo is for development builds after all, we should be using it for it's intended purpose.

I am not sure if there is much to benefit from the current build over the ones I have (0.53.1), but assume it's still the same as before that I can download the latest tarball and run it directly for both desktop and N900?
Yep, that should always work. This is actually not a side effect, but planned behavior - I've always structured modRana (any my other project) so that they can just be cloned from git/unpacked from an archive and run at once. Turns out this decision pays of yet again in this case.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: