View Single Post
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
In fact, this approach just keeps looking better and better. I've seen Note 4s (the most recent ones still with replaceable battery) for ~300ish euros. And I could really use a stylus...
Currently, this is the best option for me. One draw back is that sound does not work, or at least it never was known to work well using Linux on Android app. So if I want to watch (and hear!) a video I use an android player. Maybe someone can improve that. Regardless, I've found having the full linux distribution on my phone quite useful at times. Although, the android document reader apps are getting better, I still on occasion use libre office as it can give better renders of documents. Especially those with equations. Simple utilities like convert often come in handy. The other thing is you can connect to bigger screen via hdmi so you have a full computer. While playing around on my Note Edge I noticed I can actually treat my linux distribution as a virtual machine. In this screenshot below I have fedora running in a window I can open and close or minimize!
Samsung has done a great job with its stylus. Really comes in handy in many ways. Can use to cut and paste and even convert handwriting to text.
Attached Images

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post: