View Single Post
Has anyone had any success getting Basilisk to run older ROM/OSs? I'm trying to emulate a Mac Classic or other pre-II series, with OS 6.0.8 (which I was able to download from Apple), to run older games from my childhood (Shadowgate, Grid Wars, Dark Castle--isn't that the real reason 99% of us want to emulate old Mac OS? ). Basilisk works on my n800 with an LCIII ROM and a hard disk with 7.5.3 installed, FYR.

Basilisk's NT port hasn't supported the Classic series since build 94, and the only download I've found for that build is a corrupted .zip file! I own a Classic and a Plus, both un-ROM-rippable 300 miles away in a parent's garage, so I'm limited to what I can find downloading. so far all i've found is a IIcx ROM that passes checksum (according to the NT port, which will identify it but won't run it). Setting up a different prefs file manually for modelID and CPU, I keep getting the Basilisk error "can't read ROM file." Is this something wrong with my specific ROM file, or can Basilisk 0.9 not run classic 256K ROMs? I don't have a Linux or OS X desktop to check this against...

thx,
__throw