View Single Post
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Sheffield
Hi au
Webapps locally served from n810 is not a problem - I have done that before. I have also no concerns about using n810 as a web server over the internet. Just running a python based http server on the n810 works fine accessed (e.g. by a PC) over the internet.

The tricky bit is getting the n810 to act as an access point (like -say Joikuspot or Windows internet sharing), effectively intercepting internet access and serving it's own local data/apps. I don't care if I have to give the actual n810 IP address for this to work.

The idea is to allow app serving where there is no internet access - i.e. the n180 appears to be a Wifi internet connection, which PCs/whatever can access and then see the n810 app output.

An example usage would be where I teach a class, and each student could access my personal web server running on the n810 - without internet access being available.

So - instead of them having to enter an IP address (which could change - and also may not be available), they could access a Wifi Access Point, which is actually my n810.

I also gather that the n810 has to run in Wifi Master mode, but do not know whether the drivers will work, or how to configure them to do so.

Best wishes
Andy

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Would you be accessing the webapps only from your n810 or also from another device and want the n810 to act as a web server?

>>So - the latter - but without an internet connection...

You can Google for "maemo web server" to find software to serve webapps from the n810. That would allow you to use them from your n810, not sure if you can turn the n810 into a WAP for other devices to access.

Last edited by ssstratton; 2012-02-04 at 23:59. Reason: Clarification