View Single Post
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Contributing to the offtopic, in Canada and US one can do online banking from any web browser quite easily [so-far], however, things like depositing a cheque is an iOS/Android-app exclusive feature. Of course we can discuss who does use cheques these days, well, 95% of the US universities still use it for travel reimbursements of their visitors, or, some of the math institutions send the salary to their fellows by cheques (making this direct-deposit: mission seems impossible ;( ). Of course, I can simply go to ATM and deposit it through it, but that doesn't apply to the US cheques... Yet another example from the money sector are services like Revolut

Also, @jenix might correct me since I left Switzerland 2 years ago - if I wanna buy a train ticket with SBB last-minute just before hopping on the train and as a non-Swiss, I am really running late and don't have time to use the machine, isn't an app my only choice? I know that for some routes I was able to get a PDF and then they just scan the code, but not for all (at least in 2016).

This brings me back to the on-topic discussion here: these are exactly examples where I would swim against the stream here and say loudly "god thanks jolla for AD / the android layer" . It is naive to expect any improvement with the situation on the IT market today(++).

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post: