View Single Post
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
Once again, lifting an old thread instead of making new one. But I'm interested of this too. When I use radio transmitter in my car, the volume level is very low compared to radio stations. Guys above say that it is possible to rise volume level from alsamixer. However, in my device there is no volume adjusting in FMTX Fun, just on/off switch. I wonder if something has changed in the software after this, or am I just stupid?

By the way I found another thread:http://talk.maemo.com/showthread.php?t=41137 where people say that it isn't possible at all. So is it?

Of course I could just use 3,5mm jack to connect to my car audio, but using FM transmitter would be way more cool (and one less cable in the mess).
FM transmitting is quite strange in my case: in my old 22 years old car it was working fine almost anywhere in the car. The company I work for has 2-3 old cars and I always have to place my n900 to a proper place and it is still not working fine most of the times - it is quiet and has some annoying sounds... I have a newer car now (17 years old, haha) and in it it is working fine... So... Maybe it has to do something with the receiver...
Or you can install an equalizer - I installed mafw-gst-eq-renderer and tweaking with it so maybe you can find the proper settings for your car...
Or on my chrooted kali linux system I have alsamixer (just type it) and there I can raise sound level from terminal (I do know whether it is available on Maemo5).
And I found this on github I do not know whether it has to do something to this topic though...

Last edited by justmemory; 2018-03-27 at 08:35.