View Single Post
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
I was bored and i have my health issues causing me to remain stationary, so i decided to use my time to complete a project i have been planning for some time, an ADD ON amp (can be made to fit inside mugen cover), this amp is a 2x3W class D i bought from DX for 5-6$!!!

The Setup:
The WMA2012 amp is soldered directly to the jack plug so it is very stationary, and as you can see the power is drawn directly from my charge plug (Goto Battery Thread Post #2 for more info), the charge plug is always connected to the Dual Scud so this serves as a power source for many things if needed (Amp, HIGH Power flash-light etc.).
Name:  N900 AMP 001.jpg
Views: 14586
Size:  21.7 KB

WMA2012 Info:
This amp is simply awesome and take it from someone how has been building HIFI for 10+years (AMPS, Speakers, Filters A & D and even speaker units), this amp delivers very good power and it does it from 2.5V-5.5V making it ideal for single cell lithium operation or USB powered.
Can be bought from DX (LINK) for only 5.30$ shipped

Name:  N900 AMP 002.jpg
Views: 13830
Size:  20.8 KB

Power Usage:
Well not much, there is no heat loss because the amp is VERY efficient and even on full this ADD ON will rock the party long time

And since were on the subject can't resist to throw my home amp in here as well
Name:  HOME AMP 001.jpg
Views: 12892
Size:  19.2 KB
Name:  HOME AMP 002.jpg
Views: 13677
Size:  19.2 KB
HOME AMP: 2x 250W+ (4 Ohm), lets just say when connected to previous speakers handling 500W (2 Ohm) with no distortion at all.
The amp is build up in 2 stages, A TDA7294 and A HIGH Power transistor stage helping the power along, the transistors + TDA7294 can handle 600W+ (MAX Power) together, besides that if 4 or 8 Ohm is needed it can be bridged to 1x 1000W (4 Ohm)
But with the current transformer it is limited by input power to something like 2x 300W+ Max Power

Here are the schematics and more pictures of my home amp.
TDA7294 NPN_PNP.zip
NOTE: The pictures are from the old version (same as the current one in use, just that the current is 2x on one cooling plate (Pentium 4 Cooler )

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-12-09 at 15:26.

The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post: