View Single Post
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Long time ago i worked on pocket amplifier (old days when pocket mp3 players weren't obsolete), people we're designing really nice small amplifiers. Although i remember, that most of the time they recommended to use standard batteries instead of rechargeable - due to some kind of voltage stability and different audio sound on different SoC of accu (some kind of distortions, but harder to catch due to being stable at given SoC). How well your amplifier handle this? It's really cheap, and if it would be immune to voltage changes (our Li-Po provide very different voltage during discharging) it would be indeed great. I know it operates at vide variety of voltages, but doesn't it "calibrate" itself on start to given voltage, and voltage change during long playback will distort sound?
Well no matter what you connect to this chip it just delivers and all battery's i have can easily deliver the MAX 5W it takes.

And the Audio Quality is just awesome, really no change from this and my home amp, no matter if it is small speakers or 12"+ you connect or if it is 4 or 8 Ohm it just plays and remember if you have VERY good speakers (High Sensitivity) 1W is more then enough to play really LOUD

Tomorrow i will attach it to my main speakers (3 Ohm) and let it rip, but not now, the wife and son are asleep and it is almost 2 at night.

And on the power note, have been playing for 1 hour+ at very low volume, someplayer and screen off and i cannot see any drop in batt %

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post: