View Single Post
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
In 2009 through say 2012 I get that we were careful not to publish how to hack our IMEI in order to prevent pickpockets from recycling stolen N900s.

Flash forward eight years and the N900 is only still attractive to penultimate Linux geeks(who can still stomach bin blobs). To thieves today it is only an old scratched up POS and they chuck this weird non Android not iFruit gadget in the bin. It seemed back in the day that there were some among us who knew the secret of changing the IMEI on the N900. In the stalls of Shenzhen China I am sure the Nokia cable method has been out for years. I recall seeing a programmer cable being available back then from Chinese grey market for phone unlock shops.

I have a drawer with several broken N900s between my wife and I. I doubt I will ever change the IMEI on my precious last one, but I have always liked having the cable and software to do it, it is my phone I just want full access.

For the sake of unveiling one of the last TMO secrets, is there anyone still among us who can share the IMEI hack?

Last edited by biketool; 2017-08-02 at 18:47.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: