View Single Post
Yeah - I should have said "in my experience, page turning is completely unconscious and imperceptible when reading an ebook for me". I can't speak for anyone else obviously.

And of course I was speaking to my own experience with my comparison.

But I wasn't really talking about discrete beneficial differences, I was talking about the whole package. When I sum the benefits of a paper book and sum the benefits of an ebook (for me I caveat once more), the ebook wins, and always will. But anyway - page turning doesn't matter - unnoticable, text size is adjustable (along with the distance of the book to my eyeballs), the battery has never ran out on me yet, readability of a paper book at nighttime levels of light is essentially zero, whereas the daylight readability of an ebook is not as good as paper clearly, but hasn't represented an issue over the years.

But I like the last one - "owning the book". I seem to have a whole bunch of books that I "own" but they are ebooks. I would consider a book to be the story, the ideas, the concepts, the journey. But I don't get to own the paper and ink that the paper books were made out of.

I do however have a whole load of paper and ink from all the crap that banks and utility and tax people send me that I am apparently obliged to keeps for years, so I guess that makes up for it.