View Single Post
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Hello,

First i would like to thank you for coming here and showing some interest to this community. I think we would really appreciate more communication from your side. As you are part of this community or at least some kind of mother figure on background

1)
I noticed printed Get started guide and after trying to open my phone i had to read it because i was really afraid that i would break something. Besides that didn't pay much attention to it.

I do not anymore remember what default icons i had on my desktops but if there was no link to user guide then there really should be. Actually i haven't even seen anyone to mention here that there is user guide in phone. Actually there should be link to it from system default icons. Since you had to tell/describe to us where it is i think that already tells something about how hard it is to find.

Getting started animation/guide was quite nice, but maybe it should go little deeper. Clicking more tutorials will take you to http://maemo.nokia.com/ which is bit confusing. You can find some hints about things you can do from features, but i think that more this getting started kind animations for example about browser and its gestures etc. would make thing easier/faster to learn. I think that Nokia conversations youtube channels 30 seconds videos are quite nice and informative so maybe something like that also.

2)
I think that getting started is quite nice. It should only contain some troubleshooting and really basic guides on how to put your phone ready. Maybe how to transfer data from your old phone and how to connect to pc. Links to different webpages including this one.

I do not have it right here so I will give more detailed review when i have found it.

3)
I think that help system consist different kind of sources. Nokias own pages, this page and off course your stores and people selling your products.

There is already brainstorm about this:
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...ion_framework/
I think that wiki base system could be way to go, but right now wiki on this page is quite constricted and simple. Problems with wiki might be seamless integration between n900 (offline/online), maemo.org, apps.

4)
Right now people are doing wonderful work here by trying to help users again and again. In my opinion Nokias role is to make quality of hw and provided default software as high as possible and constantly listen community to keep things evolving and making maemo better. You guys there should be toughest ones to satisfy and should demand more from you product than what users want

Community should be involved in the process of making users guides. Maybe in way that you provide default templates. As it looks like you have already provided and we make additions to them and make crosslinkin between different pages. Off course after you give those guides to community you are not responsible for them anymore. Maybe you could have couple of reviewers from your company who give accreditation to wiki pages that you qualify as good and reliable.

Problem would be that I´m here thinking only English pages and I have no idea how this should be done on different languages. Duplicate wiki?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post: