View Single Post
This is the follow-up to my previous post on the netmask issue.

Once *incoming* sessions (ping, ssh) to the 770 started working, I could now ssh to the dropbear server. But there is still a problem, although I don't know if it's related or not.

Connecting from the command-line ssh on the Gentoo box or the Zaurus works, and it's good to finally have MC on the Nokia with a real keyboard :-)
When it works normally, reaction and display times are surprisingly fast, even more so than when I similarly ssh to the Zaurus. The problem is, the connection "freezes" regularly and frequently for long periods of time (like 10 seconds or more), appearing to be completely dead, then resumes zippy operation like nothing had happened. This makes it hardly usable from Linux ssh, and impossible from Windows, as PuTTY either doesn't connect at all or timesout at the first such freeze. I do ssh with PuTTY all the time, to the Gentoo box and to the Zaurus, sometimes to other machines through the net, and have never seen such a thing.

Anybody got an idea ?

It was too late last night, but maybe this evening I'll try the next dumb thing and change the netmask on the 770 to regular Class A (255.0.0.0), and maybe even on the other machines too. At this level of strangeness, black magic and voodoo are no worse than reasoning :-)