View Single Post
I would love to have opening Fremantle possible, but I still fail to see how do You want to achieve it. *Ever* given millions of $$$ grants - which sounds even less possible, considering limited resources we have. Don't want to argue nor I'm planning to, but I don't see anything "new thinking" in planning to spend money we don't have on achieving goals we can't achieve (having money or not ), technically.

IMO, sane thinking is "lets use resources we have/may have to achieve something non-existing now, but possible".

/Estel

// Edit

I don't consider Mer/Nemo as fail, in any way. Openmoko is dying due to design decisions, not overall concept. Pandora is working well, nothing seems worrying about Pi future. Vivaldi - while not being designed from scratch - is also looking more and more interesting every day.

Now, You can sum up money/time involved in all above projects, mix it up, and use to achieve hypothetic FREEmantle. You would waste every bit of it, still, without single percent, heck, even 1/1000 of what You would like to achieve :/
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: