View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Yes, GTK and its Python bindings now both work on Harmattan.

Acknowledgement: Some packages come from aaporantalainen's home project as they looked cleaner as the ones ported by myself.

What GTK version is this ?
gtk 2.0_2.14.7-1maemo33+0m5, the same as on Maemo 5 Fremantle.

Where to get it ?
GTK and its assorted packages are available from the home:MartinK:gtk project.

How to add the repository ?

NOTE: the meego repository got shut down so the following instructions for adding a repository don't work at the moment

Following the instructions on MeeGo wiki, create a file called for example martink-gtk.list in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
This file should contain the following line:
Code:
deb http://repo.pub.meego.com//home:/MartinK:/gtk/MeeGo_1.2_Harmattan_Maemo.org_MeeGo_1.2_Harmattan_standard ./
Run:
Code:
apt-get update
And that's it, you can now install gtk, python-gtk or even modrana using apt-get install.

Was there some testing ?
I have started modRana on my N950 and it run fine, thus verifying the functionality of both GTK and its Python bindings.

Known issues
Text entry dialogues are not themed and look UGLY. They also not trigger the virtual keyboard, which might be an issue on the N9, the N950 hardware keyboard works fine.

When will GTK be available in rzr's temporary community repo ?
As soon as these annoying build issues are solved - any help will be much appreciated !

Last edited by MartinK; 2013-07-03 at 20:26.

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: