View Single Post
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
By SDK I also mean an environment where you can see that code in action, both providing the UI under discussion and the API to play with.

Discussion around source code only is possible but it requires similar levels of knowledge and abstraction to keep a fruitful discussion. Like now. Some people see the N900, see the N97 and conclude that there are no strong reasons to have different Maemo and Symbian optimizations on top of Qt. I bet things will be clearer when the first pre-releases come.

Having SDKs out also allow people to see how plain Qt apps integrate in both platforms with the same source code, somethng that currently you have no other choice than imagining it yourselves.

Remember the intense No Cancel Button discussion? Big deal, and yet nowadays everybody agrees it was a good decision. Ths is what I mean when I say that some discussions need something tangible to base the debate. We are discussing UI code here without having seen any actual UI.

What would be interesting feedback now would be features, widgets etc that you are missing in Qt 4.6. Specially interesting if they happen to be expected by, say, iPhone or Android developers.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post: