View Single Post
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I'd disagree with your assertion that the cover is not there because it means you can take a call - with the 770 you could leave wireless enabled, in which case with the right case design on the N800 there's no reason why a cover would prevent you from accepting a call.

While I can see what you're getting at, I just wish Nokia had given us the choice to use a cover, or not. Instead they've decided that I don't need a cover, when I would concur that I do as I don't intend to use the N800 as a VoIP phone, and I suspect I'm not alone in this regard. The thing is, I use my N800 the most while I'm mobile where WiFi is non-existant so VoIP is not even an option - however I do have my mobile phone with me, and can you guess what I use that for?!

Maybe in 2009 or 2010 when VoIP has *really* taken off and free City-wide WiFi networks are available I'll sing a different tune, but as of right now I only know TWO people who regularly use VoIP (and I don't plan on calling them that often!) and if they need me, they call my mobile phone!

Also, don't forget that some of us work in sensitive environments where it is mandatory to disable wireless, so walking into my office means I have to disable wireless - the cover was perfect for this. Yes, it means I'm going offline (or I'll be fired!) but that isn't justification for Nokia to ditch the cover or it's protective qualities.

Good review in all other respects though!

Last edited by Milhouse; 2007-01-27 at 04:38.