View Single Post
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Finland
I have been trying to get my Qt5 environment up for my N9 following the instructions above from ajalkane and the link. Thanks ajalkane as I would not have got far without these.

I have not got there yet but thought I would document some of the problems I had.

When making the custom MADDE environment using

Code:
 browser-scripts/setup-madde-toolchain.sh
It had seemed to complete successfully but Qt5 went on to not compile (stopped when it got to SQL plugins). It turns out that the setup script had been trying to use curl to download and install dependencies. I did not have curl installed so it failed but the script did not stop and it is only when I ran it again and looked closely at the output that I spotted it.

A quick
Code:
apt-get install curl
later and the script was obviously trying to now download but was failing. The reason was my QtSDK is installed in /opt/QtSDK not my home directory. I therefore had to run the script as root to let it install into the right place.

Having fixed this I have succeeded in building Qt5. I have tried then using this from within QtCreator by trying the helloqt5 example from ajalkane.

The first issue was it did not like
Code:
QT += declaritive
which was in the .pri file. I changed this to
Code:
QT += quick1
and it stopped complaining.

I have not got much further as when I try to compile I get this error
Code:
make: arm-linux-gnueabi-g++: Command not found
It is trying to cross compile in a different way from a normal MADDE target and not working. This could be because it shows up as a desktop target when you add the version.

Anyone know how to get passed this?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stuartmarsden For This Useful Post: