View Single Post
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Then what? That's something I'd love to hear to be honest.

Their commitment to WP7/WP8 shouldn't be all-in as it currently is. Maemo... they'd have to start rehiring everybody. And if I were those engineers, I wouldn't come back to Nokia unless ownership was given to them in this project.

Nokia has crossed the tipping point, in my humble opinion. So what they do next... they need to make it clear, announce soon, deliver sooner, start with their homebase of Finland and get the people involved, get things moving forward and forget impressing North American carriers and customers. This is not the area where they will sell the most. Asia then Europe then Africa... they need to stay strong in those areas first - or strengthen.

Media deals - why hasn't any handset maker partnered with Pandora or Spotify to the point of inclusion at time of sale yet? Just a thought - they've already handled the licensing, partner with them for online and offline as well as social music sharing. The framework is already there.

Harmattan - move it downstream a bit in terms of price (sorry, but it's not an expensive phone Nokia needs around that OS), release in more markets.

Dunno what's next. I'm just a customer. I can what-if with the best of them, but doubtful I'm close enough to the problem or solution to be taken seriously.
Nokia starts looking more and more like a whale on dry land - helpless, and no one else is able to help them either. They are too big, too heavy, and they have already started to smell really bad.

I thought WP would at least have some traction, but in Europe after some months of sales WP is getting nowhere, even with heavy marketing. The Lumia is not competitive against iPhones and Androids, not at the price point they are selling for right now.

If Apollo is NT core and the N800/900 is upgradable, I will get one.