View Single Post
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Netweaver View Post
mmmmm
I would like it to index the new pictures/videos AFTER I've shot them, after LEAVING the application that made them. Not during...

In general, while I'm doing the creation, I would want as little other system activity as possible. Real multi-tasking on a limited resource device only goes that far ... Ask Apple and Google.

So while doing time critical stuff, I ideally want all non-critical stuff frozen.
That would help the stuttering while filming.

But that's asking too much I guess ...
I think that it should be possible to send some kind of suspend/pause command for tracker. This could be trickered by for example when the lens cover is opened (maybe this could be integrated to Lens cover reminder application?). I assume that Camera app is closed source so this functionality probably can not be integrated to camera itself (?).

Are there other non-critical processes than Tracker running that are so resource consuming that they should be stopped too while filming?

(Disclaimer: I am not a developer so this is mostly something that I have been thinking and don't have a slightest idea if this makes really any sense at all... )