View Single Post
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Graham Cobb View Post
I have created a package called "notmynokia" which is in extras-devel. If you install this, it tries to protect you from the forced MyNokia registration.

You should install the package before upgrading to PR1.2. It seems to work for OTA upgrades. I have not yet tested it for re-flash but I believe it may work, as long as the eMMC is not re-flashed (unless the process removes the /home/user/.cherry_state file). Test reports are welcome!

I have attached the README file if anyone wants more information about what it is doing.

Graham
Many thanks for making this, Graham.

Regarding the ".USER_DOES_NOT_WANT_MYNOKIA" file, can you make it ".user_does_not_want_mynokia" instead? The "shouting" of upper case is a little distracting when doing an ls -a.

It would be good if your readme could reference the http://wiki.maemo.org/PR1.2_compulso...a_subscription page, and in fact some of your readme text would sit well on that page if you wanted to edit the wiki.

Do you have any ideas as to whether it is possible to programmatically clear out offending pending SMSes from /var/spool/sms/outgoing and /var/spool/sms/regs_out.txt, for the situation where people boot with a flashed eMMC and no SIM, or even, if you can get in early enough, if they boot with a SIM? I guess you would need to be careful to only target My Nokia SMSes.