View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
maybe you should leave to the council the decision and assessment of what they want to or won't do?

or are you telling the council what it should or shouldn't do?
I'm real late to the game today... but as it stands, it's sorta odd that people like Jaffa have to explain themselves over and over and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

So let's go down the line.

The council isn't being silent. They're speaking on the community's behalf. If anything, we need to find ways to be more constructive than ever before.

The assessments, they're just starting to come in. Nobody knows what's next, so passing judgement on incomplete data is rather foolhardy.

I'm not seeing anybody come down and say horrible **** to the community. The fact that it was the Linux Foundation that's created this situation is as much of a surprise as anybody else. So give it time... who knows. Maybe somebody will come up with a solution that avoids the fears of patent trolling as well as other concerns.

Now... what I find real ****ing weird... is that I'm all of the sudden a voice of reason...

Commentary will invariably happen. But if it doesn't resolve or add to the solutions, we might not be commiserating here for long.

And no... I have no clue to any idea that would even help out. So I'm just trying to calm down the negative chatter, see if somebody actually can do something...

For me, it's all about Maemo. It was the little mobile OS that "could". Now? It's becoming the little mobile OS that never got a chance to shine. MeeGo, same thing.

I'll hush up now. Just thought I'd chime in, shine some uncharacteristic positivity, share my lovely smile... toodles for now.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: