View Single Post
Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
There are reports of bringing it to working state, but it's still too much memory hog. For watching flash videos, microB is still recommended.
OK, thanks for explaining....

copy Your (Maemo's) [b]/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51 file into Your *debian's* /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr. From within Maemo, when Debian is mounted and .chrooted, it's /.debian//usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr, where You should copy file to.
OK, done....

This way, you'll have exactly same hardware keyboard mapping, as in Maemo - of course, if You setxkbmap <your language> inside ED, or via Ed autostart script.
By 'ED autostart script', do you refer to
'/etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart' or ?

If you meant in '/etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart', then would I enter a line like this:

Code:
@setxkbmap us
Or ?

In layout that is found default in ED (before You copy rx-51), @ is just blue arrow + shift + space. Blue arrow + space is TAB. Default config is actually very useful, and contain many symbols assigned to blue arrow + shift + key, but I think that everyone will like own mapping's most.

/Estel
Thanks for the info...it worked, but as you say, would prefer US keyboard mapping as I'm used to it now...

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800