View Single Post
First up, thanks for your reply.

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
This is far from being such a project. I fully agree that the current state of things is crazy and this is part of the reason why we're doing a project to genuinely make it a proper out of box experience. I even get confused with some of the setups needed - I even randomly found 250 EUR worth of Bitcoin I had totally forgotten I had. It's like the amount of manual work to get mobile internet working back in the day.
So again, what is your use case here? Providing (another) wallet that user can use for micropayments? How is this to work out when you bind yourself to Etherium, which already became involved in high-risk speculative investments, because people greedily hoping that it will become the new Bitcoin? How can I use virtual currency which value is changing rapidly in short periods of time, so the rate may be double or half by tomorrow? How can I be convinced in the value of virtual numbers which are not backed by real world values (like federal banks and countries for real world currency or company inventory for stocks) and which can simply vanish?
Unfortunately, your statement ("Hey, I just found some BTC with value which were worth **** some time ago") points in exactly the direction of speculative investment with the hope of increasing rates.

How about you send me a private message on here and we'll have a more real-time conversation on some medium (Telegram? IRC?); and then gather our thoughts and differing views into a post for the rest?
Since I'm not convinced by the bases your business relies on, I'm quite sure we won't find any common grounds, and that's ok. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you found a topic the interests you and that you see as opportunity for your business - that's great. I, on the other hand, see quite some potential issues that I want to point out, so the people who are not familiar with blockchain-based projects can make an educated decision.
I may be wrong (which I hope), you may be wrong (which I'm not hoping) - only time will tell.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post: