View Single Post
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Happy New Year to the board. Wish you all well, etc.

In the meanwhile may we change a little bit the subject from "money and Jolla" to "what is going on with the migration".

From letters flying over the mailing lists, posts on TMO, IRC chat, etc, what I understood so far is:

1. Board is out of touch with Nokia - it is unclear who and when will change DNS records to point to the new servers. That prevents Nemein from switching to "community owned" servers and keeps all the infra (wiki, autobuilder, etc) in a "frozen" state.

2. It is unclear (to me at least) what Maemo/Harmattan repos and when will be available for distribution by HF/Maemo community. The same for SDK images, firmware images, the rest. The status of negotiations is also unclear.

3. It is not clear who will administer and/or have access to autobuilder and repos. Offline mode (we're in now) of backup servers could be used to setup user accounts/groups/whatever of the community members who'll take over that task from Nemein once migration is done.

4. Jolla (again) - frankly, I don't get board's fixation on Jolla, but it could be just me. Can someone enlighten the community what is negotiated with them so far (if anything). Are there any contracts signed between the board and Jolla?

I would appreciate if someone from the board elaborate on the above topics. Time is running as we speak.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: