View Single Post
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
second bockersjv's suggestions

regarding charging cycles: a friend of mine keeps her laptop connected to power supply 24/7, except when she needs it in another room for some time; after nearly 2 yrs of that, the battery is still in pretty good shape

this being said, the important thing with Li-on isn't the discharge level but that you always recharge it to 100%
once a month, it is also good practice to let the battery run completely empty & recharge it completely while the device is powered OFF

you may also want to get yourself batterygraph and check how high it (still) charges
1200+ mAh should be normal
my 1st battery was "dead on arrival"; i couldn't use the phone away for more then a couple hrs even with very energy efficient use; got myself a new original one for 15 bucks & happy now
WTF have you been smoking? Charge it 100% once a...Good practice to empty/recharge with device off...WTF I don't even.

If anything li-ion 'likes' to sit around 80%. There is a charge controller chip so you cannot really do much to push the battery out of it's 'comfort' zone.

The most important feature you need for battery life is kernel power 49 with smart reflex enabled. If you are not getting a full days use then you have possibly buggered up your phone and need a reflash.