View Single Post
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
I'd like to have qgil opinion about applying to this "2012 Device Program: New Apps for Nokia Store" :

- "Python-SymPy" for Harmattan where :
* the Harmattan version would be improved like the "SymPy Interactive Shell" for Maemo 5, i.e., with added icon, dependencies (including Terminal and IPython) and submitted to Nokia Store;
* the Maemo 5 version has more than 20 thousand downloads since February 2012, more than 50 thousand since October 2011;
* being easy to install (available in Maemo.org repositories or Nokia Store) and easy to use (visible icon) have shown that even a console/terminal software can be very useful with thousands of downloads. So I think it is important to submit SymPy Interactive Shell (Harmattan version) to Nokia Store;
* is it ok to apply here ?

- "Limit / Integral / Derivative" for Harmattan :
* can be very popular because for Maemo 5 they have more than 150 thousand downloads of last versions in the last 7 months (46k for Limit, 57k for Integral, 51k for Derivative);
* packaged together as "Calculus" including python-sympy because Nokia Store doesn't accept external dependencies (python-sympy with 19MB), so it is better to have only one installation taking aprox. 20 MB than 3 (Limit + Derivative + Integral) taking each 20MB, where the typical user installs these three softwares;
* they are available to Maemo 4 & 5, not yet for Harmattan;
* but Limit for Harmattan is ready for months (very fast Qt Quick UI, with pitch to zoom, etc), despite its icon, so the .deb is not public. It is because I've waited for external dependencies in AppsForMeeGo, which was promised since December 2011. So I am working on "Calculus" (Limit+Derivative+Integral+python-sympy = aprox. 20 MB), which would be good to submit to Nokia Store;
* this "Calculus" can be applied here or would be better to "Maemo.org coding competition 2012" ?
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-05-31 at 01:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post: