View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Incorrect. I offered to forward money ...
To be clear: I was in the process of resigning when this issue came up. I was on IRC daily, and in regular contact with you, the Board, and the rest of tech staff. Your interpretation of the events may have been what you intended to present, but it was not how it was seen by anyone else on the Board, myself included.

You presented an option which every person on the Board interpreted as you seeking reimbursement for the service of doing server backups. When the cost was questioned you said we would either pay it or backups would cease. That was how I, and everyone else in that conversation besides you apparently, interpreted that conversation.

When 4 out of 5 people involved interpret something one way, it's rather clear where the fault lies. (I'll give you a hint: It's generally not the 4 doing something wrong.)

In any case, the situation was resolved when another solution that didn't cost a regular maintenance fee was found and implemented. You found that resolution to be "a coup", and started a personal war over it, which you continue to this day. You in fact called out this "coup" earlier in this very thread.

But for the sake of resolution: Let's take you on your word, that you were merely offering to act as a conduit for a paid service. Why then would someone finding and implementing a free alternative, saving the community a monthly fee, upset you so? Wouldn't that be a win for the community?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: