View Single Post
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
i installed nitdroid last week with the auto installer, very simple and easy for what is being achieved, just follow the wiki guide, market works well for most apps and games, its still rather obvious its not native supported as there are plenty of minor glitches hanging around, but like i say MINOR glitches, and not having polish really doesn't detract too much from the experience.

those oc'd with titans kernel - it is still supported but you will have to re-install it after installing nitdroid, and add an option for multiboot too, easy to follow guide on the wiki.

its still not ready for use as a main OS yet, most noticably the lack of cellular modem support, i have to kick back to maemo every half hour to check for texts. (and whoever made the 15 second reboot claim is a little optimistic!) i would also reccomend ALWAYS choose 'turn off phone' rather than 'restart' from the power off option in nitdroid, i chose restart once and it messed up the phone signal for a while in maemo.

while i'm loving nitdroid for messing about and trying a new OS on my beloved n900, enjoyiing the wealth of apps and games from market, i must say bar the apps i much prefer the maemo experience, but everyone has their own taste.

unless you're a total noob i would definately reccomend people give it a try! much props to DJ steve and the rest of the nitdroid team.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post: