View Single Post
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Not by choice but because everybody else does. I can't pee against the wind or turn the Earth's rotation. Or try to make everyone switch.
Really? After reading the "A silver needle in the Sky(pe)" .pdf for the first time, I've abandoned Skype in one swift swipe, and i don't see any problems with it. If anyone want to contact me on Skype, I said that I don't use it, cause it's dubious software written by guy with proven spyware background, and that even Skype is confirmed to leak user's private data in the past. Additionally, there are - better in every way - Free and easy to use alternatives (SIP).

If such users are interested WTF I'm talking about, I patiently explain, ending, most of the time, with said user slowly experiencing what real VoIP is. In other cases, well, it's user problem. Same for situations, where they don't care about spyware.

If majority of friends/relatives would start to inject themselves with heroine, it doesn't mean that I need to do the same, just because they're barely contactable otherwise :/

Summing it up, +1 for being glad that they kill skype, shooting own leg.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2014-08-10 at 10:40.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: