View Single Post
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Sileby, Leicester, UK
I've been thinking of getting a Nokia N900. Right now i use a Nokia 808 Pureview, I have never had a non Symbian phone before but have for a long time been thinking of taking the plunge and trying Meamo or MeeGo, I also fancy trying out a phone with a slide out keyboard.

- I never play games on my phone
- I have only installed a small amount of apps on my phone
- I very very rarely do any social networking
- I do quite a bit of web browsing.
- I commonly use the music player with FM transmitter
- I watch videos quite often on my phone

The four main things that put me off the N900 the most are...
- Lack of full portrait support (can this be fixed? i use my 808 90% of the time in portrait)
- Resistive Screen (i had one on my Nokia 5230 years ago and all i can remember was it being horrible to use and feeling crap, whats the N900s like?)
- Support for 720p and 1080p videos (from some threads and articles i've read apparently the N900 doesn't playback 720p or 1080p videos well if at all. Is this correct?)
- Internet Browser (is it on par or better than the browser on Symbian Belle FP2, or Opera for Symbian?)

Some other things that put me off slightly...
- No Multitouch Support (not that i ever use multitouch on my 808, but it still bothers me for some reason)
- 3.5 inch screen (my Nokia N8 had a 3.5 inch screen and i was fine with it, but after using a 4 inch screen for 18 months I don't know if i can go back to 3.5 inch)

Can you change my mind on any of these issues i have with the N900 and would you recommend the Nokia N900 to me in 2014?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by dodgevipergts; 2014-04-06 at 12:22.