View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
To everybody who wants this community to keep on: Please comment at this thread and say your thoughts clearly. We need to know that there is enough interest to continue this work, and to finally be able to walk on our own. This won't come without everybody's help and every bit counts, be it financal help, or more importantly administrative help.

The greatest thing you can do for the community right now is to think hard and weigh the possibility of running for board, if there will be an election, or council, for which the election will be in about 8 weeks.

I know from myself that it was a very hard decision to apply, and I did that only after continuous delays of the election, on the last minute. So now is the time to start nurturing the idea in your head and come with a blazing candidate declaration in 4 weeks time.

We absolutely need enough candidates and a big electorate base for next council and/or board election to legitimize what we are doing, and shield ourselves from difficult situations like this, where 2 council members and all 3 board members resigned, in the future.

Thanks for reading,

Michael Demetriou
member of the Maemo Community Council

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post: