View Single Post
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Munich, Germany
Originally Posted by matteone View Post
Hi.

I'm a lucky man with a N900 prototipe and I can confirm that the N900 NOW works with my CAR with an integrated bluetooth stereo ( I have a ford focus with a standard bluetooth module ).

The sounds quality is perfect ( in the 2 ways )... bettere than the iPhone :-)
When anyone call me and the number is registred I can see the name on my car's display, but ... i can't yet browse my phonebook on the car's display.
So ... If i can see the name of the person who is calling me I think that when it is released next software update will include the ability to browse the phonebook.
Sounds like this could be a connection via 'headset' profile.

With rSAP, the car kit takes control of the GSM radio tasks.
When connected in rSAP mode, the only ongoing connectivity with the device is for SIM access, such as subscriber authentication (e.g call setup). The mobile can then 'sleep' - meaning it no longer has to control calls, measure/report the radio environment etc.

The main advantage with rSAP is the radio is routed via an external antenna rather than fighting its way through all the glass/metal of your car, which has the benefit of better call quality/fewer dropped calls.

Due to the low level access with the SIM and GSM security features, I'd be very surprised if the community could bring this profile to Fremantle - but as my car also has this feature, I'd love to be wrong about this!