View Single Post
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
Originally Posted by quingu View Post
sorry for bringing this up yet again. I am still unsure what kind of usb micro adapter i would need that doesn't involve power injection. what about this one? Description says its a "Micro-A" plug. Yet it looks different than the plug of the n810 adapter you linked (which looks more like a micro-b plug).

qouth the wikipedia:

excuse my stupidity. I can't make sense of this. n810 plugs look like micro-b, yet it would be logical to use micro-a.

Help please!
The plug I linked to on ebay has a micro type B plug on one end and a type A receptacle on the other to plug in normal USB devices (mouse, keyboard, USB sticks, hubs, etc...). The plug is an OTG adapter so it will switch the N810 into host mode. The plug you linked to from Amazon are just gender benders - male to female. It will not put the device into hose mode and a software switch solution would be necessary.

Injection is necessary regardless of cable used if your device requires more power than the device can deliver. The NXXX do not provide enough power to power some USB sticks, harddrives, etc... so you'll need to provide the power. If the device is in host mode you could use a powered hub.

The Following User Says Thank You to theflew For This Useful Post: