View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
The problem is, now it's too late. There are now so few people interested in this project that the remaining costs for each of your devices is in the range of 100'000 - 500'000 Euros.
Disagree. The existing cost estimate is around 1000EUR, with aim for about 1000 devices altogether. Even if there are only 200 orders remaining (and that's a very pessimistic approach), each device would cost around 5000 EUR (it hinges on the premise that each of customers would pay for five devices instead of one, and then the redundant devices could be sold to the second wave of customers/collectors). I pre-ordered 7 devices, and pre-paid 2880EUR [just checked on my neo900.org account]. Sure, 32120 EUR [could be less, if interest rates increase initial donation of 2880EUR over years] is a lot, but I could probably (depends on currency conversion rates) pay it... Especially if I start getting a salary (I am currently a student, and thus slowly eating into my Savings account).

Disclaimer: it's my personal opinion, and calculations were done without access to any data about pre-orders.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: