View Single Post
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
Would like that as well. Would you mind sharing the instructions (=what lines to edit)?
Hmm.. I guess it's too late for that. It was a quick search-&-destroy-and-leave-no-backups kind of job

I only edited two files: Event.py and erminig-core.py

In Event.py you basically have to make sure that no matter what self.alarm is never assigned to anything other than -1.

At the very end you have the notorious def get_alarm that should stay as "return self.alarm" (i.e. NOT str(self.alarm)) or anything else. As a bonus you can also put "return -1" but that doesn't really matter.

What matters is at the beginning (def __init__ ...) The last line of that function should read "self-alarm = -1".

This way you make sure that anything coming from google (i.e. any event being created to be stored on the N900) will be stripped of any alarms.

For the other direction (i.e. no alarms of your N900 will go to google), you need to edit erminig_core.py.

The changes there were a bit larger. Basically removing any line dealing with the word "alarm" (except those calling the shared library, because I didn't want to recompile it.)

You can have a look here: http://geni.ath.cx/maemo/erminig-0.2.11.patch
That was the patch that brought the alarm framework to erminig, so basically you have to "undo" those changes, except, again, those dealing with the shared library.

So delete things like:
Code:
  if len(e.reminder) > 0:
				alarm = int(e.reminder[0].minutes)

if len(e.when[0].reminder) > 0:
				alarm = int(e.when[0].reminder[0].minutes)

if len(event.reminder) > 0:
			event.reminder[0].minutes = evt.get_alarm()
		else:	event.reminder.append(gdata.calendar.Reminder(minutes=evt.get_alarm()));

if len(event.when[0].reminder) > 0:
			event.when[0].reminder[0].minutes = evt.get_alarm()
		else:
event.when[0].reminder.append(gdata.calendar.Reminder(minutes=evt.get_alarm()));
That's four small chunks, so it should be trivial to do.
Otherwise I can send you my erminig_core.py and you do the diff. Or you wait until I have time to grab the file from the .deb and do the diff myself (but I can't do it from work, i.e. now, and at home I usually have no time to hack around..)

Cheers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post: