View Single Post
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Those comments were meant in a broader sense, ie, platform.
Yeah, I know. Sorry for the negativity, but I guess I kinda feel a bit burned from being one of the early adopters. Obviously I believe in the concept enough to have put hard cash in for the effort. It's just frustrating to be able to get the latest updates for my 9 year old Pentium II GNU/Linux boxen (which I use daily) and not be able to do the same for my 770 after 1 year of ownership. (Yes, Nokia made an effort to make the hacker edition, but after reading all the reports of things broken and it not being supported, I can't say that counts as an update to the latest and greatest.) I do look forward to the next tablet though, in hopes of snatching one of the current ones for cheap, but there's always that lingering fear of software obsolescence...

Unlike a phone, it seems that tablets need constant software upgrades to keep up with the web experience, because that's what a tablet is supposed to do. For a phone, as long as it makes a phone call, I don't mind that it is lacking in other features, like a full browser.