View Single Post
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
The wiki on
http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...ain#PulseAudio
advertises PA's network-transparency, so at least it doesn't seem to be a well-known restriction. Either it's intentional and wasn't yet communicated, or it's a bug (which you please must report, describing exactly what you did to get it working) - or it's just something you forgot when you tried.

I don't know much about PA other than the few buzzwords floating around. My main computer is a gentoo box and doesn't have PA installed (yet?). My laptop runs Ubuntu with PA, and I did notice how easy it was to switch audio output to a A2DP headset.

Now if this works with the N900... and works across devices in my network... what could I do?

Like, in theory, could I answer a call on my laptop when the phone rings in the other room? With a command line script I could run via SSH to make the phone part of the N900 answer the call and re-route everything sound related to my Ubuntu laptop. Would that be possible, given PA does really work without restrictions on the N900? Or am I getting too excited here?

Last edited by benny1967; 2010-01-07 at 23:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post: