View Single Post
Estel

Did you manage to attach the RP-SMA external antenna, if so did it boost the signal much?

I have a motorhome and will find this very usefull if it works.

however i have noticed that a simple signal booster and reamplification boxes are available for £60 which is powered and should increase signals.

Regards,

Garvin Timmann

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Thank You tuxsavvy, that's the exact info I was looking for!

I wasn't aware, that N900 already contain connectors (szame on me, I thought I've gone through whole wiki "N900 hardware modifications" page!), I was planning to solder my own ones... Knowing that they are there, eliminates IMO the hardest part, so it's blazing great info!

As for drilling PCB, it's not good idea, cause it's multilayer - unless You find spot that You're 100% sure doesn't contain paths, and You're very careful, when drilling through layers of shielding and glass-epoxy.

I would rather thought about using free space near battery connector - if i remember correctly, hole is big enough for at least 2 cables. Even if not, modding N900 plastic cover is no problem for me, could even try make it (connectors at cover surface) good-looking

Of course, I was thinking mainly about GSM and WiFi - information, that GPS connector is also available make me really happy penguin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garvint For This Useful Post: